Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Warzone 2100 Resurrection Project - Dev interview

Check out this very interesting interview of a developer for the Warzone 2100 Resurrection Project. This covers the upcoming "Christmas" release of version 2.1 and touches on topics such as:

  • New AI
  • Multiplayer

  • Updated terrain rendering

  • Requirement for Vertex Arrays (No more software rendering support)

  • New hitsystem.

The blog is German, but this interview was done in English. There is also a German version on the blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tested the first version of this when it was originally open sourced.
I saw the potential in the project as it's a great game, but stuttering in the speed of the graphics on slower laptops was a bit of a problem for me.

I decide to wait until it matured a bit before diving fully in and I'm glad I did.
I tested the latest version out on Ubuntu last night and I was amazed at how much it had improved.

Not tried the multi-player yet, but I'm betting that it's even more fun :D

..Trip