Friday, October 5, 2007

Introduction

With this blog I intend to do the following:

  • Report on commercial games that have become open source.
  • Write about my attempts to convince commercial game companies to release source code to games that are either abandoned, not supported with current hardware or those that have a strong community desire to be ported.
  • Keep up to date with projects that make use of released code.
  • Catalogue a list of commercial games that have released their source code as well as a list of those who have rejected.

I hope to cover all games from all systems; Even DOS games written in spaghetti code. And when source code is offered I would seek people to start a port, or at the very least make the source available on open source sharing sites such as sourceforge.

I hope you all enjoy reading and would be happy to act on suggestions for games that people would love to see opened up.

No comments: